Saturday 2 February 2008

Urban Assault - Saturday 2nd Feb 2008


Bit of a mixed day today - first off everything was going great all the New ACU kit went on no problems - load out had already been planned - so that was also problem free..

Then I took out my brand spanking new VFC SCAR - install the full charged 9.6volt battery - pop in a MAG - select Semi, pull the trigger ..............................AND................................JAM!!!!!!

F**k- were my first thoughts – you spend a load of money for a make like VFC and it breaks before you can fire ONE single BB down the barrel ....

OK.. lets calm down and try again - move the fire mode selector to FULL AUTO, NOPE - stuck - move it to Safe - NOPE Stuck like a limpet to a rock - OK - replace battery (just in case – I’m clutching at straws now and totally P*ss*d off) - Nope nothing, it is no more - stone dead - zip, Naff all......

Ho Hum – still looking on the bright side I was at the right place for it to fail on me, after all I did get the VFC SCAR from Fire Support and they own and run Urban Assault - so I just took it over to them during game registration and left it with them for a "FREE" repair job.

So lets dig out the old trusty Classic Army M4A1-carbine - Lock and Load – test fires 100% OK nice and crisp this CA.

Now I must take it to the chrono station (rules say all rifles must be tested) - first shot 345FPS !!!! - Second shot 344 FPS, Third shot 345FPS - the Urban Assault limit 328FPS- so I cannot use my spare...... Now I am getting upset again !!... talk about all the gear and not Idea – well not quite but so far I had used up two of my rifles and could not use one of them.

the nice Fire Support Staff said I could use a Hire Rifle - I pointed out that it had to be an M4 - as I only had M4 Mags with me - the only M4 they had was broken but useable - twisted/bent flash hider, and broken carry handle - my thoughts at this time was "man this sucks –I might as well go home”..

It was at this moment that Bruce one of my airsoft mates - came to my rescue –
(his name is not really Bruce we all just call him Bruce due to the fact that his last name is Willis).

He lent me his M4, (he was going sniping today) the M4 was a treat to use , Nice Crain stock, and M203 Launcher (I just happened to have 4 M203 grenades with me) and used them all....

Thanks to Bruce - I still got to have a great day at UA..

FT

3 comments:

Embryonicboy said...

Ahh so it's not just Stickymonk who has crap luck then at UA?

At least you got to play and had a different gun experience also. Typical you have this luck when we are not there. Notmally we have several spares with us as well.

Looking forward to the 16th. Will bring your cash too. Will you charge the battery for me as I may use the SCAR in the afternoon??

Embryonicboy

FoxtrotTango1 said...

Yep - I'll charge the battery up for you.

What If..... said...

Glad you got to play. Sucks about the SCAR, and the M4, would have let you use my G36 but my sniper rifle cronoed at 457, shame. Can't wait for the 16th now.. countin down the days