Sunday 2 March 2008

Urban Assault 1st March - Part 1


Another Great day at Urban Assault in Cambridgeshire East of England..it was a little bit windy and the sun was sun shine glories.


I collected my repaired VFC SCAR – turned out to be screws that hold the trigger plate together were too tight and so when the trigger was pulled the pinched it in place and the return spring was not strong enough to push the trigger forward again so it locked half in and half out.

I also collected the G&P Stubby killer – that was a down grade (now its FPS is 315-320) just right for UA. – Nick the Wizard who does all my internal work – told me he just had to cut the spring down a little – Job done.

Did not take the gun cam today but did take my still camera – only to find out that my son had been using it and the batteries were totally flat – but I did manage to get a snap shot of this bunch of lads – they came from all over the place in the UK - they skirmish as a team called "SETAS" – I did not ask what it stands for. (see Picture)

At lunch we all had a great chat , Fixed a ACOG red dot scope, and diagnosed a P90 failure to fire, they all took a look at the CA Scar and VFC Scar I had with me, It was nice to meet you all lads.

On a more comical note – my mate, who has not done airsoft for about a year came along and I had helped prepare all his kit – we kitted up – and went to the mandatory briefing, and then on to the Chrono , so he steps up to the plate , pulls the trigger (on his TM M4-S System) and NOTHING happens its dead – he swings his backup weapon up to get it chrono’d (G3-SAS) pulls the trigger and NOTHING its dead .

Turns out that he thought I had put the batteries into his guns – but I always put them in at the site on the day – and I did mine thinking he would do his – but he just picked up the weapons and that was that – I put it down to the year he had away from airsoft .. The whole incident did make me smile thought..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi mate.

Thanks for posting the picture. Just so you know I'm 3rd from right and the Team Founder.

Was very nice to meet you and thanks for fixing some of the lads kit and showing us your beautiful SCARs!

Had a great day at UA and hope to return there and see you soon! Keep up the excellent reviews and blog.

Cheers :-)

Ant

FoxtrotTango1 said...

Thanks for leaving your comment Ant - It is always nice to meet new people and I did enjoy chating and meeting you all.

Don't forget to leave comments on the videos.

See you at UA sometime

FT